Exa has many years experience in the development of customised intranet services
. Through our intranet development services we have assisted to streamline the processes and applications of many organisations. Customised intranet services designed and developed by Exa can improve the efficiency and cost-effectiveness of your business.
What is an intranet?
The term intranet is based on ‘intra' meaning internal and ‘net' meaning network. Therefore, an intranet is an internal network. It acts as an internal communications service within an organisation. With an intranet, companies create a smaller, internal version of the internet that is designed to simply and conveniently facilitate the sharing of different types of company information. An intranet has a similar structure to the broader internet. However, it differs in that it is a smaller network and less public, being accessible only to the members of an organisation.
Why build customised intranet services?
Uploading company information and resources to an intranet provides staff with easy access to shared knowledge and information. Customised intranet services increase productivity within the company as information and knowledge are made more available. Time wasted organising and sorting files is reduced, while collective knowledge within the company is improved. Customised intranet services also simplify the task of updating data and documents.
Intranets are usually accessible anytime from anywhere that the internet is available. To access customised intranet services from outside company premises, users simply require a URL and log-in details, such as a username and password. This enables staff to access information via the intranet at their convenience. As the use of customised intranet services encourage information exchange, employees become more informed, empowering them with the ability to make better, faster decisions.
What types of customised intranet services exist?
Customised intranet services are generally customised to meet the individual needs of a business. There are many different types and purposes of intranets, and as such, customised intranet services vary greatly. The below provides a brief explanation of some of these broad intranet categories.
- Human Resources Intranet Services: Customised intranet services developed to aid the processes of the HR department. Human resources intranet services generally incorporate training documentation, as well as contact databases, employee surveys, candidate applications and screening, and more.
- Sales and Marketing Intranet Services: Customised intranet services that allow sales and marketing personnel to access accurate product descriptions, sales scripts, market analysis and research. Typically, a sales and marketing intranet will incorporate pricing charts, product info and demos, contact databases, sales records, sales training and more.
- Information Systems Intranet Services: Information systems intranet services incorporate training manuals, software and applications, technical support, resource scheduling, and more.
- Executive Intranet Services: Developed to help the executive team perform a multitude of roles, such as liaison, figurehead, negotiator, delegator, and so forth, this type of customised intranet services will aid communication with both internal employees and external contacts. An executive intranet can incorporate departmental information, business contracts, meeting minutes, business metrics, external contact information and more.
- Customer Service Intranets: As well as being an internal system, akin to other intranet services, a customer service intranet can also allow external customers limited access for various self-help requirements, such as tracking packages and checking delivery times, etc. A customer service intranet can contain customer information, order entry and tracking, stocking information, customer FAQs, technical support documents and more.
- Accounting Intranet Services: Customised intranet services developed to assist with the processes of the accounting and finance departments. This type of customised intranet services can be integrated with or link directly to other accounting software and systems, allowing for the automatic collation of information such as receipts, payments and other financial transactions. Accounting intranet service will often incorporate the payroll, budgeting information, asset management, accounts support, financial reports, financial policies and procedures and more.
to discuss your customised intranet services
If for any reason you cannot find the product or service you are searching for on our website, please Contact Us