Exa has many years experience in the development of customised intranet
. Through our customised intranet development services we have assisted to streamline the processes and applications of many organisations and corporations. A customised intranet designed and developed by Exa can improve the efficiency and cost-effectiveness of your business.
What is an intranet?
The term intranet is based on ‘intra' meaning internal and ‘net' meaning network. Therefore, an intranet is an internal network. It acts as an internal communications medium within an organisation. With a customised intranet , companies create a smaller, internal version of the internet that is designed to simply and conveniently facilitate the sharing of different types of company information. A customised intranet has a similar structure to the broader internet. However, it differs in that it is a smaller network and less public, being accessible only to the members of an organisation.
Why build a customised intranet ?
Uploading company information and resources to a customised intranet provides staff with easy access to shared knowledge and information. A customised intranet increases productivity within the company as information and knowledge are made more available. Time wasted organising and sorting files is reduced, while collective knowledge within the company is improved. The customised intranet also simplifies the task of updating data and documents.
Customised intranets are usually accessible anytime from anywhere that the internet is available. To access a customised intranet from outside company premises, users simply require a URL and log-in details, such as a username and password. This enables staff to access information via the intranet at their convenience. As the use of a customised intranet encourages information exchange, employees become more informed, empowering them with the ability to make better, faster decisions.
What types of customised intranets exist?
Customised intranet services are generally customised to meet the individual needs of a business. There are many different types and purposes of customised intranets, and as such, customised intranet services vary greatly. The below provides a brief explanation of some of these broad customised intranet categories.
- Human Resources Intranet: developed to aid the processes of the HR department, this customised intranet will generally incorporate training documentation, as well as contact databases, employee surveys, candidate applications and screening, and more.
- Sales and Marketing Intranet: a customised intranet service that allows sales and marketing personnel to access accurate product descriptions, sales scripts, market analysis and research. Typically, a customised intranet for sales and marketing will incorporate pricing charts, product info and demos, contact databases, sales records, sales training and more.
- Information Systems Intranet: a customised intranet for information systems will incorporate training manuals, software and applications, technical support, resource scheduling, and more.
- Executive Intranet: Developed to help the executive team perform a multitude of roles, such as liaison, figurehead, negotiator, delegator, and so forth. An executive customised intranet service will aid communication with both internal employees and external contacts. An executive customised intranet can incorporate departmental information, business contracts, meeting minutes, business metrics, external contact information and more.
- Customer Service Intranet: As well as being an internal system, akin to other intranet services, a customised intranet for customer service can also allow external customers limited access for various self-help requirements, such as tracking packages and checking delivery times, etc. This customised intranet can contain customer information, order entry and tracking, stocking information, customer FAQs, technical support documents and more.
- Accounting Intranet: A customised intranet developed to assist with the processes of the accounting and finance departments. This type of customised intranet can be integrated with or link directly to other accounting software and systems, allowing for the automatic collation of information such as receipts, payments and other financial transactions. An accounting intranet will often incorporate the payroll, budgeting information, asset management, accounts support, financial reports, financial policies and procedures and more.
to discuss your customised intranet needs.
What our clients are saying
If for any reason you cannot find the product or service you are searching for on our website, please Contact Us