The basics of SEO involve coding, linkages, structure, design, content and things like meta-tagging and title tags, plus text content appropriately optimised with targeted keywords.
SEO is a job for an experienced professional.
Aside from driving high rates of traffic to your website, attracting quality, targeted visitors, achieving a high conversion rate and winning you business, being found at the top of Google adds credibility to your business, positions you as the industry leader and gives you a competitive advantage.
An eye-tracking study on the behaviour of Google users has become one of the most influential pieces of research in online marketing. The ‘Golden Triangle’ illustrates where search engine users focus their attention in the search results.
What this research proved is that:
- Search engine users have the highest degree of trust for organic search results and that their degree of trust is relative to the order that Google lists them;
- Search engine users trust organic search results more than ‘Sponsored Listings’;
- Search engine users read top to bottom, left to right;
- Search engine users will click on the first link, then the second, and perhaps the third depending on their success with one & two, and so forth;
- Search engine users usually perform a new search rather than scroll down the page; and
Search engine users very rarely go beyond the first page.
Many businesses choose to incorporate both methods of search marketing into their online marketing strategy. The benefit of combining SEO with GA is that it allows you to concentrate both campaigns on a different set of keywords; delivering better results overall, and reduces potential cost blowouts associated with PPC.
If your communications plan is not yet focusing heavily on search marketing, it’s time to rethink your approach. In the current economic climate, businesses cannot afford to cut marketing all together, but must look for ways to cut costs and maximise ROI. The advent of Google search marketing means the days of unmeasurable, non-accountable, hit-and-miss advertising are over.
For information on Exa’s search marketing solution, go to: http://www.exa.com.au/seo/
To speak to an Exa Consultant about supercharging your search results, Contact Us